Re: handling /usr/local/lib/python2.x/site-packages in sys.path

[Matthias Klose, 2008-03-11]
>  - add another path (e.g. /usr/local/python/lib2.x/site-packages),
>    and remove the /usr/local/lib/python2.x/site-packages path after
>    the next release. Does provide an upgrade path, but doesn't solve
>    the probem immediately.

I would choose this option or even remove /usr/local/* from sys.path
completely. If one wants to play with unsupported Python modules or
Eggs, he should sys.path.append(his_path) by hand, IMHO. If we
additionally force ez_* mess to install to /usr/local/ by default, we
will get rid of one of the most common problems I receive from users of my
packages.
--
-=[     Piotr Ozarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-