Re: debhelper for python-central, problems with prerm/postinst

Vincent Bernat <bernat@luffy.cx> writes:

> On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:17:34 +1100, Ben Finney
> <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > So, how do Python-language packagers work around this bug
> > currently?
>
> I don't use dh_installinit and I put the correct snippet in
> postinst/prerm by hand, waiting for the bug to be fixed.

When you say "by hand", exactly when do you insert the postinst/prerm
snippet? When making the 'debian/foo.{prerm,postinst}' files the first
time? Immediately after building a binary package? Something else?

--
 \        "I was in Las Vegas, at the roulette table, having a furious |
  `\         argument over what I considered to be an odd number."  -- |