Re: debhelper for python-central, problems with prerm/postinst (was: Python modules not installed correctly with pycentral)

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:17:34 +1100, Ben Finney
<bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> (Vincent, please don't send me copies of messages sent to this list.
> This is spelled out on the mailing-list code of conduct
> <URL:http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct>.)

Sorry for that.

>> See:
>>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=386970
>>  http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2006/10/msg00073.html
>>
>> This is not specific to cdbs in fact, so it applies to you too.
>
> Hmm, that's a wrinkle I hadn't thought of. Thank you for showing me
> that discussion.
>
> So, how do Python-language packagers work around this bug currently?

I don't use dh_installinit and I put the correct snippet in postinst/prerm
by hand, waiting for the bug to be fixed.