Re: Where to install non-debianized python modules?

Heya,

> Try: python setup.py --prefix=/usr/local
>
> More info is available in "Installing Python Modules", available at /usr/
> share/doc/python/html/inst/ if you install the python-doc package, or
> online at <http://docs.python.org/inst/inst.html>.

and if you want to avoid a messy /usr/local, consider to use stow to
manage it.

As this module seems to be pretty useful for you should also consider to
post a RFP (request for packaging) bug against the pseudo-package wnpp
(see [1]). I'm quite happy that you've posted the link to pypedal, as I
was searching for such modules for a new open source project, so I'm
probably willing to package it, but as I won't find the time to work
myself into the whole theme, test the module and package it. If you send
in a RFP, probably somebody else will package it, or I'll have a look at
it when I start with the project - which won't be this summer.

Cheers,

Bernd

[1]: http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l1

--