Re: how to get python-numpy to testing

Dear Steve and Thomas,

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 11:22:28PM +0100, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > The package is failing to build on arm with a swig error:
> > <http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=python-scipy&arch=arm&ver=0.6.0-5&stamp=1198958132&file=log&as=raw>

Thanks for the hints on hints. :-)

> > I don't know why this is happening only on arm, but it needs resolved before
> > these packages will be updated in testing.
>
> I seem to be able to reproduce this build failure in a clean cowbuilder chroot.
> It goes away if I see to "-I/usr/include" being passed to the failing swig call,
> to test, I just did 'export SWIG_FEATURES="-I/usr/include"' before building the
> package, that looks like it is working.

Actually, the FTBFS is on i386 as well, and I have strong reason to
believe it is because of swig behaviour change. It doesn't seem to
look in /usr/include, for some reason, as you rightly point
out. Therefore, I patch setup.py for the umfpack part to add it to
`include_dirs', and it works now.

Thanks!

Kumar
--