Re: how to get python-numpy to testing

Steve Langasek wrote:
> The package is failing to build on arm with a swig error:
> <http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=python-scipy&arch=arm&ver=0.6.0-5&stamp=1198958132&file=log&as=raw>
>
> I don't know why this is happening only on arm, but it needs resolved before
> these packages will be updated in testing.

I seem to be able to reproduce this build failure in a clean cowbuilder chroot.
It goes away if I see to "-I/usr/include" being passed to the failing swig call,
to test, I just did 'export SWIG_FEATURES="-I/usr/include"' before building the
package, that looks like it is working.

On arm, apparently in contrast to (at least one of) the other  atlas3-base-dev
is not installed, but I'm not sure whether that is of importance.
Both build logs I looked at noted libsuitesparse-dev, the package containing the
file swig is missing, being installed as required by the build-depends, both in
the same version.

Kind regards

T.
--