Re: python-numpy has problems on buildbots

>> Build-Depends: cdbs (>= 0.4.43), python-all-dev, python-all-dbg,
>> python-central (>= 0.5.6), refblas3-dev [!arm !m68k], lapack3-dev
>> [!arm !m68k], debhelper (>= 5.0.38), g77, patchutils, python-docutils,
>> fftw3-dev

lapack3-dev and refblas3-dev should exist on all architectures now.

>> Build-Conflicts: lapack-dev [!arm !m68k], blas-dev [!arm !m68k],
>> atlas2-base, atlas2-base-dev, atlas3-base, atlas3-base-dev

>> 1. Why is there the build-conflict in the first place? This is the
>> question to original maintainers (Marco, Alexandre, Jose, Matthias)
>
> I added the build-conflict because without it, dpkg-shlibdeps would
> make them depend exclusively on blas and lapack, instead of depending
> on the virtual package (because all other packages provide blas and
> lapack)

The packages should not be installed on the buildds anyway, so I think
ti shoudl work without build-conflicts.

>> 2. Why are there the exceptions to m68k and arm?
>
> Because m68k and arm don't have atlas.

but they have lapack/blas now, which should be enough.

>> 3. If the build-conflict is needed, how can we fix the package so that
>> it builds on buildbots?

try it without the Build-Conflicts. I guess it works.

Cheers,

Bernd