Re: permission denied when creating a directory for a new project

On Nov 13, 2007 6:35 AM, Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:
> Ondrej Certik wrote:
> >> I get the impression that you want to package some math software... just
> >> forgot the name :) Let me know if you need help.
> >
> > libmesh. The packages are here:
>
> ah ok, I though about http://www.sagemath.org/

Well, I am actually at the SAGE conference in Bristol right now. But
SAGE is really huge and I don't think the time has come to package it
in Debian yet. SAGE is packaging a lot of external packages together
with SAGE patches to make them compile and play nicely. Two days ago
we did a quick check which packages in SAGE are in Debian and which
are not:

http://wiki.sagemath.org/days6/sprint/debian

And there are 24 packages, that are not yet in Debian. And that's not
the biggest problem - the biggest problem is that SAGE needs some
packages to be patched, like Maxima. So the first step would be to get
those patches to the respective Debian packages, the maintainer of
which doesn't need to accept them etc.

So it's a very slow process and too much for 1 or two people to do.

Ondrej