Re: Tool support for private modules

Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> writes:

> You shoul dupload your work somewhere, "teaching" you is almost
> impossible if one can't see what's wrong.

I'm not presenting something as "wrong". I'm asking for guidance on
how to do things right.

If the policy recommends that packages be set up a particular way
("put package-specific modules in '/usr/share/package/'"), but the
standard tools behave differently ("put all modules by default in
'/usr/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages/'"), then there's a step that needs
to be taken to get from the default behaviour to the behaviour
recommended by policy.

I'm asking how to take that step, in a way that isn't brute-force
"manually hack each package to conform to policy".

--
 \              "Dvorak users of the world flgkd!" —Kirsten Chevalier, |
  `\                                                rec.humor.oracle.d |