Re: ldbl128 transition for alpha, powerpc, sparc and s390?

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 10:54:14PM +0100, Floris Bruynooghe wrote:

> The email in [1] discusses the long double transition from 64 to 128
> bit.  It claims that the python2.[45]-dev packages need to be updated
> for this too, however I can not find the related bug reports for this.
> I have also looked in de changelog files but can't seem to find a
> mention of it.  So have the python packages been updated for this?

> The reason I'd like to know is because #430281 is a serious bug filed
> against a package for this long double (ldbl) transition.  But this
> package does itself depend on python-dev so I need to wait for
> python2.[45]-dev to have done this transition first.

A number of the packages identified as being affected by the ldbl transition
were false-positives, because 'long double' appeared in their headers but
was not related to declarations of symbols exported by the library itself.

python2.4-dev was such a false positive.  If a bug was ever opened for it,
it's been closed and archived long ago.

You should proceed with the ldbl transition for your own package.