Re: RFS: pyvnc2swf

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 01:45:16PM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> I would like some comment on a very simple package that I just made.
>
> * Package name    : pyvnc2swf
>   Version         : 0.9.3-1
>   Upstream Author : Yusuke Shinyama
> * URL             : http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf/
> * License         : GPLv2
>   Section         : graphics
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> pyvnc2swf  - screen recording tool to SWF movie
> [...]
> I have put modules in /usr/share/pyvnc2swf (so they are private). I could
> have done a separation between public modules and private one but since
> upstream does not provide a stable API, I don't think that the modules
> should be made public (upstream mixes modules and programs in the same
> directory).

Unless the upstream explicitly maintains the module to be used by others
I'd be careful with them, too.

> If such a package can be maintained in Python modules team, I will gladly
> join it (my alioth login is bernat-guest). If someone have some spare time
> to upload the package after review, I would be glad.

I don't have the powers to have get you into the team but I'm sure it's
quick and painless. Just ask the team admins. And don't forget to set
the "Uploaders:" or "Maintainers:" field to the team then.

Lintian is complaining a bit though:

E: pyvnc2swf: menu-item-creates-new-root-section Applications
              /usr/share/menu/pyvnc2swf:4

The menu entry is still showing up in the right category.

Otherwise the package appears to be alright and working. I'll upload it
once the lintian issue is sorted out.

Cheers
 Christoph
--
Peer review means that you can feel better because someone else
missed the problem, too.