Re: unicode in setup.py file causing RC bug

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 09:42:00AM +0200, Brian Sutherland wrote......

> On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 09:27:18PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > On Monday 07 May 2007 20:43, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> > Or 3.  Patch setup.py to expect it.  I believe if you add:
> >
> > # -*- encoding: utf-8 -*-
> >
> > to the file before the unicode characters are encountered the
> > first time, that should solve your problem.  I didn't look at
> > your package, but that worked for me before for a similar issue.
>
> I believe it needs to be on either the first or second line:
>
> http://docs.python.org/ref/encodings.html

Thanks for the responses, but that line was already present in
my setup.py when Lucas generated the FTBFS bug. The first two lines
were:

#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: UTF-8 -*-

Is this not an issue with any other python package? Still thinking
of reassigning this bug ...

Thanks,
Kevin

--