INFO: using old version '/usr/bin/python2.3'

Dear All,

Probably this question was discussed already in many bug reports or may
be it is FAQ...  I am asking in follow up to
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=403548 against
fail2ban, which uses python2.4 so that there is no dependency on 2.3
anywhere, but some older versions of fail2ban (<0.7) did use 2.3 indeed,
and may be that data persists within pycentral DB/cache and
triggers the message

INFO: using old version '/usr/bin/python2.3'

So what is this message about really, how can we get rid of it and
either I should reassign the bug to python-central or just plain close
it with wontfix?

Thanks everyone in advance

--
                                  .-.