Re: dpkg-repack warnings: what effect?

(Thanks for the CC.)

Matthias Klose wrote:
> I haven't yet seen any reasoning why people are seeing that
> information as "cluttering the database" or just as "ugly".

Causing unrelated programs like dpkg-repack to spew warning messages is,
by definition, ugly.

Using X- fields, which are intended for nonstandard extensions, in the
core of Debian is also ugly.

> Same thing
> with a missing attribute "Homepage", which often is hidden in the
> description anyway.

Modify dpkg to properly add new fields if they're going to have common
usage in Debian. Using X- fields is fine for prototyping but not for
final implementations.

--
see shy jo, hyprocritically