Re: handling packages built supporting the "current" python revision

Hi

Please do that!

I installed a pristine Debian Unstable/experimental on monday using
the testing installer.  Until yesterday, none of the python-* packages
can be installed due to this problem dependency problems (python
(>=2.3), python (<< 2.4)).

Today they can be installed due to the dependencies changes (python
(<< 2.5), python (>= 2.4)).

Thank you.

On 8/16/06, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 09:21:19AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Alexandre Fayolle writes:
> > Hi,
> > Am I expected to upload an unchanged 0.2.0-3 package so that it will get
> > rebuilt with python2.4 as the default python version, or is something
> > going to happen automatically, for instance a binary only NMU ?

> a binaryNMU should be sufficient; if you know that the package can be
> binNMU'ed (i.e. no too strict dependencies between arch/indep
> packages), please send a mail to -release.  We should file binNMU
> requests for other packages as well.

Eh, I was sort of planning to schedule binNMUs for all packages that have
XB-Python-Version and XS-Python-Version values, since that's sort of why
they're there...