question about the new policy

let's imagine we have that case:

python-foo is a python module that uses and needs features from
python2.X. python-bar uses python-foo but can work with all 2.* python
version.

Python-Versions will be:
 * >= 2.X for python-foo
 * all for python-bar

how do we ensure that a user that has a python 2.Y installed, Y < X will
not been able to install python-bar without also pulling python2.X ?

Note that such a scheme can arise if a python-foo module decide to drop
the support for a python release they consider ancient (like 2.3
nowadays).

all the informations I got around for that problem were that it had to
be manually tracked, which:
 * looks rather error prone ;
 * is computable since in that case, python-foo should not advertise its
   python2.Y support, but only >= 2.X. its Python-Version should be
   intesected avec the ones of its Depends, and only generate the
   relevant Provides.

Reading the policy, it's unclear to me if arch:all package would have
the python#.#-xxxx provides or if only arch:any will. if the former,
then I fear computing the Depends: in the packages will become a real
challenge and prevent bin-NMUS, not to mention uninstability problems,
if the latter it will hide problems like the one above.

Is there anything planned to address that ?
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit