Re: on packaging TurboGears 0.8.9

On 5/18/06, Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> wrote:
Hey!

Em Sáb, 2006-05-13 às 21:42 -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva escreveu:
> Comments? Bug reports to my email address, please. May I go on and
> upload the packages to unstable? I'll upload TurboGears 0.9 to
> experimental, if it is ok, 'till it is released as stable. The modules
> will go straight to unstable.

I am planning to upload the packages this weekend. If noone is against,
I'll go ahead and upload all python modules which I had to package for
the 0.8 and 0.9 versions to unstable, and TG 0.9 and closely related
modules to experimetal. I'll take a look at what still needs changing in
current packages and file bugs if they are still in need of updating.

Hi Kov,

I've installed python-turbogears 0.9a6-1 from your repository[0] and i
see the following error message:

$ tg-admin quickstart
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/tg-admin", line 5, in ?
   from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6a9-py2.4.egg/pkg_resources.py",
line 2195, in ?
   for dist in working_set.resolve(
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6a9-py2.4.egg/pkg_resources.py",
line 483, in resolve
   raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: TurboGears==0.9a6

[0] = http://people.debian.org/~kov/tg0.9/

Something related with 'eggs'  ?

regards,
-- stratus