importing a project currently under darcs into python-modules svn repo

I have this Python package, python-selecting, which I'm also the
upstream of and which I've been tracking is a Darcs repository.  The
instructions in
<http://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/python-modules-policy.html> say
that I should only bring in the debian/ files, preferably with
svn-inject, and leave the .orig.tar.gz outside svn.  There are some
gotchas:

- if I import the project with svn-inject, I'll lose the VC history from
  the darcs side for svn
- I need to have some place to track the "upstream" source anyway

What is the right way to approach this?  I can think of some
alternatives:

(1) Treat the package as if it really had a different upstream and
packager.  Take debian/ stuff away from my darcs repo, and put them into
the svn repo.
(1a) don't care about the history of debian/ stuff (this might be okay
as there's not that much of it after all)
(1b) bring the history in with tailor(1), and clean up the non-debian
stuff afterwards
(1c) some way to bring the history in without bringing the
non-debian-specific stuff at all?
(2) Keep the debian/ stuff in my repo and python-modules repo synced by
hand (say, make the directory a svn checkout that just happens to be
under darcs too)
(3) Put the whole project under the python-modules repository, probably
bringing in the VC history, and stop using the darcs repository

What would you recommend?

Panu

--
personal contact:	panu.kalliokoski@helsinki.fi, +35841 5323835