Re: Join the Debian Python Modules Team

Raphael Hertzog wrote:

Hello,
A few weeks ago the Debian Python Modules Team has been created to
collaboratively maintain packages of Python modules.
The upcoming changes are a good opportunity to invite all maintainers
of python modules to join the team :
- python 2.1 and 2.2 have been dropped from unstable [4]
- python 2.4 will shortly be the default python version
- the packaging will probaly evolve to facilitate transitions
- python 2.5 alpha has been published

The team will work very much like the Debian Perl Group[1] and the goals are
similar except that we're going to work on python modules ;-)
Hi,

I'm the maintainer of newt, a console-UI toolkit that includes the python-newt package. So I've joined the list ... You can add me to the alioth developers,
though I don't expect to be making commits.

Congrats for the work to date; time to check if python-newt will work with 2.5 ...

Regards
Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@debian.org>