Re: Hypothetical pkg-python alioth project

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> python-modules is "on hold" for me, because i need some time to finnish
> our policy[0] discussing it with the current members. If somebody
> maintaining python modules wants to join the team and help with the
> documentation tell me then i'll reorganize this project in my own TODO,
> preparing a useful website and doing an announcement.

Please add me to the project, I can help finish what's needed. There's
really not many things to do given that pkg-perl has already written all
the required documentation.

Here are my remarks however: debian-python@lists.debian.org should be the
main discussion list and python-modules-team@lists.alioth.debian.org
should be the the contact info that we put into the Maintainer or Uploader
field.

This scheme works well: people with broad interest can subscribe to both
lists and mark the adress of the team as maintainer field on their
packages. Maintainers who want to maintain a few python modules of special
interest for them within the team can keep their name in the Maintainer
field and just put the team in the uploaders field (that way the package
is listed on the DDPO page of the team).

Raphaël Hertzog