Re: python2.3/python2.4/python packages

Le jeudi 09 février 2006 à 22:57 +0100, Pavel Šimerda a écrit :
> At first look I thought python packages in debian are called
> python2.3-packagename and python2.4-packagename. And that there's a
> metapackage python-packagename that requires the 2.3 version installed.
>
> Now I see this is not so with all packages.... and it is hard to see which
> packages are present in python2.3 and missing in python2.4.

Of course this is not the case for all packages. We don't need 4 binary
packages for each python-foobar module.

For a module that has few or zero reverse dependencies, there should be
one single package, named python-foo, containing the module for the
default python version. Anything else is just cluttering the archive.