Packaging an application with multiple Python versions.

Dear Debian-Pythoners,
I want to package HarvestMan for the near future. From the website:
http://harvestman.freezope.org
"HarvestMan is the only public-domain, multithreaded web-crawler
program written in the Python language. HarvestMan is released under
the GNU General Public License."

Now, I have packages ready: python-harvestman, python2.3-harvestman
and python2.4-harvestman. I have not filed an ITP yet, because I would
like to get two things clarified.

1.The install script provided in the package adds a symbolic link to
  the executable script present in
  /usr/lib/python2.x/site-packages/HarvestMan/harvestman.py in
  /usr/bin/harvestman. Should I do this in my package? If so, how do I
  handle the case where the Python 2.3 and 2.4 packages both want to
  be installed simultaneouly?

2.The Python 2.3 and 2.4 packages do the same thing, but use of Python
  2.4 allows the program to function with performance improvement. Do
  I need to take this into account? Advice the user?

Also, I do not think it would be correct to add them as
"Conflicts", as both can peacefully coexist. Comments on this?

Thanks.

Kumar

--
Kumar Appaiah,