Re: python2.3-profiler package

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 14:12 +0100, Pavel Jurus wrote:
> Are concerned developers aware of current situation? Also maybe it would
> be worth trying to ask upstream authors about license because current
> python distribution is broken in that sense that lots of 3rd party
> software expects standard python distribution with profile.py for
> example and will not work on stock debian. Packages like ipython would
> have to be moved to contrib section which I think is a shame.

The Python developers are aware of the problem[0], but it seems they
don't care enough to do anything[1]; from Tim Peters:

[0] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-February/051450.html
[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-February/051465.html
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>