Re: Python Packaging Question

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 02:57:15PM -0600, Amr Nasr wrote:
>Hi all.
>I have a question for anybody who can give me an answer about
>Debian Packaging *Python* Scripts if somebody did practice that.
> As i am really in bad need of that .
> i compress my files uisng *.tar.gz* and then convert it to a debian
>package using
>  *Alien* package converter for converting to *.deb .
>  For changing the destination install directory i can do that through
>   dpkg -i --instdir= /mydir/     mypackage.deb
>   for making the script to run automatically when it gets installed
>that part i am still missing . I would appreciate if anybody have an
>answer for that question.
>*  Amr

I have used auto{conf,make} for packaging Python. It should be straight
forward to make a Debian package out of something like that, right?

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors.
Try to be better than yourself.
     -- William Faulkner