Re: where/how to install python libs

Le mar 25/05/2004 à 17:16, martin f krafft a écrit :
> The library is called libhid, and automake installs to
> ${prefix}/lib/python2.3/site-packages/hid/ by default. It actually
> detects the Python directory automatically.
>
>   - Is this the right location for the .py/.pyc/.pyc files and the
>     Python-specific .so file?

Yes. The .pyc and .pyo files shouldn't be provided in the package,
though. If you use dh_python they will be stripped automatically.

>   - Do I have to provide python2.1 - python2.3 versions? Or will
>     a python2.3 version be enough?
>
>   - If yes to the last question... what's the best way to go about
>     creating versions for the different snakes, uh, Pythons?

If the library is not widely used, you should only care about the
current python version. Just make sure the python version is not
hardcoded anywhere in the package, call your package python-hid, and
make it depend on ${python:Depends}, ${shlibs:Depends}. This way, it
will be easier to rebuild it when the major python version changes.

Regards,
--
Josselin Mouette                  /\./\
                                                 pouet