Status of IPython

Hallo pythoners,

      ipython is an enhanced interactive shell for python.

      It is in Debian, but with a version lower that the current stable
      one (we have 0.4, while the upstream has released 0.5 time
      ago..). Also a emacs mode for ipython is available[1].

      Actual mainteiner is unreachable, I mailed him several times, but
      without success. I have prepared a package for version 0.5, and in
      next days i am going to prepare the emacs-mode package also. I
      think to upload them by the end of the week (most probably
      friday).

      Comments and suggestion are welcome.

      Ciao Ciao

      Marco

[1]  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=ipython

[2]  http://people.debian.org/~zufus/

--
"I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini. Voglio dire, se Pac-Man avesse
influenzato la nostra generazione, staremmo tutti saltando in sale

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989