Re: python 2.2 to python 2.3 transition

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 12:54, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Donovan Baarda wrote:
> > Using this the python package can "notify" all packages that depend on
> > it by calling dpkg-reconfigure on them;
>
> That would work for me too, of course.
>
> >>  egrep "^install ok installed:[^:]*:.*$PYTHONXY([ ,]|$)" | \
>
> That regexp looks like it should look like this instead:
>
> >>  egrep "^install ok installed:[^:]*:(|.*[ ,])$PYTHONXY([ ,]|$)" | \
>
> so that it doesn't find packages which depend on packages which just happend
> to end with $PYTHONXY. (Or perhaps you should rewrite that shell function in
> Python. ;-)

Note that there is currently a bug in dpkg-query where ${Depends} output
is prefixed with some binary garbage... this means your modification
will not match where $PYTHONXY is the first dependency.

I don't believe you could use python in this case... this code has to go
into the package "python"s postinst script.

--
Donovan Baarda <abo@minkirri.apana.org.au>
http://minkirri.apana.org.au/~abo/