Re: python 2.2 -> python 2.3 transition

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 04:27:31PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Am I the only one who has a disgusting reminiscence of netscape*.* packages
> > every time python* is mentioned? :P
>
> Actually I'm more reminded of the perl* packages and the complete mess
> that followed. And I keep expecting to see the same set of problems
> affect python.

I think we learned a bit from that, and although the pythonX.Y package
frenzy might look similar, a close look at the python policy will
reveal that it is pretty well thought out.

Many people contributed to it and helped nut out the boundary cases.
There are still some things to be resolved, but these are acknowleged
in the policy itself and are slowly getting resolved.

Donovan Baarda                http://minkirri.apana.org.au/~abo/