Splitting ZODB from Zope package

Hello,

ZODB has its own source tree

    http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage

and even sourceforge project

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/zodb/

It also has its usage without Zope

    http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/ZODB1

I tried these examples but had some trouble get them working because
I had to set some symlinks or environment variables.

So I wonder if we should not provide an extra ZODB package which
can be used separately from Zope - and will be used by Zope for sure.
Moreover it comes to my mind whether Zope python modules really should
be provided under /usr/lib/zope or if it would be better to install
it under

     /usr/lib/python<version>/site-packages/zope

In this case you might be able to use modules from Zope without any
effort.

Just some ideas - I really do not know whether this makes really any
sense.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy