Re: pure python and postinst

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 09:20:22AM +1000, Donovan Baarda wrote:
> G'day,
>
> just going through my old inbox messages that didn't seem to be replied
> to;
>
> On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 13:11, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

Well, thanks!  I had forgotten about this.  I'm no longer sure what
prompted my question.  Perhaps it was idle curiousity ...

> > I've just finished my first attempt at packaging a python module.
> > This module (people.debian.org/~smr/pyvtk) is purely python.
> >
> > I followed the "python policy" outlined in /usr/share/doc/python, and
> > also looked at a couple of example packages.
> >
> > One thing I noticed in the packages (that isn't covered in the policy)

... or maybe I was wondering why this common practice isn't covered in
the python packaging document that I was using at the time.

A summary of this little thread would make a nice addition to
the policy if it is not yet in there.

-S