Re: Fwd: python-biggles bug

mån 2002-09-23 klockan 22.34 skrev Graham Wilson:
> > Not in my reading of python policy. As far as I can see the creation
> > of a python-module package is optional. Then again the python policy
> > document is pretty unreadable in this section and needs to be fixed.
> > If you have issues with this way of doing things (ie. no default
> > package), then please get an authoritative answer from the guys who
> > maintain python-policy (and get them to make their document clearer),
> > and then ask me again.

I thought them optional too, I only recently added python-pyopenssl (so
recently that it's in NEW).

> > I can't think of a reason why you'd want the default package (as far
> > as I can see they are useless, since you have to rebuild your
> > packages every time a new python version comes out anyway). As an
> > alternative, tell me why you need a default package and I'll create
> > one (I just don't really see the point).

This I don't agree with, though. :) It definitely makes sense to have a
package that works with the default Python version, less number juggling
for the user.

> he thought python policy was unclear on this issue.

As I said above, I think it's unclear too, and should be more precise.
Is it the intention that if you have pythonX.Y-foo and pythonZ.W-foo you
*may*, *should* or *must* have a python-foo package?

Regards,
Martin