Re: [zope] New features of the zope package 2.5.1-2.5

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 09:53:50AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> In my opinion this is broken.  Every single zope product package depends
> from Zope.  So there is no need to duplicate the templates - even if
> the paragraph about SHARED TEMPLATES says so.  I would favour a more
> sane solution which avoids insane duplication of information which will
> cause problems with old versions.

No problem, we can have this: we simply have to drop the per package question,
and leave the user with the opportunity to choose only among the first three
options (which still is a good feature):

  * configuring: each product will restart Zope while configuring.
  * end: Zope will restart only once at the end of the whole
         installation/upgrading process.
  * manually: You will have to restart Zope.

Zope products will neither need to have any config, nor any templates file.
They will simply get the answer to share/zope/restart question in their
postinist (question to which the user have already answered) and configure
acordingly.

What about this?

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][-A-Za-z]*[iy]'?s$   | as fine or rude sentences have