Re: [zope] New features of the zope package 2.5.1-2.5

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:

> Sure, that's the way (by now) the shared template works. debconf-devel(7)
> says:
>
> SHARED TEMPLATES
>        It's actually possible to have a template and a question that are
>        shared  among  a  set  of packages.  All  the packages have to provide
>        an identical copy of the template in their tem- plates files. This can
>        be useful if a bunch of packages need to ask the same  question,  and
>        you  only  want to  bother the user with it once. Shared templates are
>        generally put in the shared/ pseudo-directory in the debconf template
>        namespace.
>
> The same man page shows an example too in the next sections, under `Choosing
> among related packages'.
In my opinion this is broken.  Every single zope product package depends
from Zope.  So there is no need to duplicate the templates - even if
the paragraph about SHARED TEMPLATES says so.  I would favour a more
sane solution which avoids insane duplication of information which will
cause problems with old versions.

Kind regards

         Andreas.