pure python and postinst

Howdy,

I've just finished my first attempt at packaging a python module.
This module (people.debian.org/~smr/pyvtk) is purely python.

I followed the "python policy" outlined in /usr/share/doc/python, and
also looked at a couple of example packages.

One thing I noticed in the packages (that isn't covered in the policy)
is the practice of deleting the ".pyc" files in debian/rules, and
then running "compileall.py" in the postinst.  Would someone comment on
this?  Is it a requirement -- is it a bug to include the compiled
python files in the .deb?

Thanks,
-Steve

P.S.  Other comments on my package (url above) greatly appreciated!