Re: python-gtk and python-gtk2 (and gnome packages), please comment

Hi,

Torsten Landschoff <torsten@debian.org> wrote:

> that route. But - do we want to continue supporting the old gnome
> for sarge? Otherwise I would be for removing the old binding
> entirely before the next release. Just wondering if any dependent
> package will be updated for the new gnome.

Of course I understand that the transition between python-gnome and
python-gnome2 is not an easy task, but Debian packages are probably not
the only thing to consider when it comes to removing the old binding.
People may have local apps that are not packaged and use the old
binding. However, they will presumably have time to speak up or port
their apps to gnome2 before sarge is released.

--
Florent