Re: python bindings for orbit 2

Tom Cato Amundsen (2002-06-19 01:02:38 +0200) :

> Do you plan to package the orbit-python-1.99.0 found at
> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/earthquake/sources/orbit-python/ ?

Ah.  I'm glad you brought up this subject.  I have intended to talk
about python-orbit for far too long now.  Basically, the answer is
"no".  I'm afraid I find myself busier with things other than
python-orbit these days, and since my day job doesn't involve it
anymore (well, the software runs smoothly, so there's no need to fix
it anymore)...

> I'm asking because the python bindings for GNOME2 need it. I have
> created experimental packages for GNOME2 and orbit2. They are
> available at klecker.debian.org/~tca . The orbit package is only for
> python2.2 right now, but it should be easy to fix.

  Please, go ahead.  You can find inspiration on how to build a
multi-python package in, well, python-orbit, for instance.

  Also, this is a pre-RFA: if someone (possibly Tom Cato Amundsen,
possibly someone else) wishes to adopt python-orbit, please go ahead.
There is currently one reported bug, which has been forwarded to
upstream.  Unfortunately it seems that said upstream (including
myself) is, well, dead.  Should someone find a fix for this problem
and wish to adopt it, it's fine by me.  Just drop me a note.  I'd even
be glad to sponsor you if you're not an official DD yet.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

The cherry blossom / Tumbles from the highest tree / One needs more petrol
  -- in Good Omens (Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman)