Re: Please test new 4suite

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shalehperry@attbi.com> writes:

> we SHOULD be able to fix this ourselves, I just do not know enough about
> distutils yet to tackle it.

  I asked about this on the 4suite mailing list because I don't really
  know what can be done with distutils (if ever it can be done with them).

  I can also add:
  Build-Conflicts: python2.1-4suite (<< 0.11.99), python2.2-4suite (<< 0.11.99)

  But I don't like doing this.

>>   It happened once on my system and I just removed the package directory,
>> then
>>   unpacked it again (dpkg-cource -x package.dsc) and rebuild the package.
>>   I cannot explain why this happens.
>>   It looks like the building failure changed something.
>>

> I tried that to no avail.  Any ideas?

  Currently I can rebuild the package without any problem.

  This kind of error message usually happens when a python script cannot
  find a __init__.py file somewhere.

>>   PS: I hope they'll provide prerendered html documentation otherwise our
>>   autobuilders will suffer.
>>

> the other choice is to render the html once and make a new tarball.  Yes the
> orig.tar.gz will be slightly less pristine, but it will save the rest of Debian
> hours of time.

  Yes, we can do this.

  I have one more question: AJ wants to release Woody in May, so there are not a lot
  of weeks left. What can I do with 4suite since it is quite broken in Woody ?
  Should I release this pre0.12 or should I stick with 0.11.1 ?

  Thanks.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>