Re: policy 2.3 para 2

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 11:28:50AM +0100, Bastian Kleineidam wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 07:41:31PM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > I have a suggestion, which may already have been thought of.
>
> For Python Policy 2.2.3, see
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2002/debian-python-200201/msg00019.html
> I am working on this. I have the previous version online at
> http://people.debian.org/~calvin/purepython/
> which uses debhelper scripts.

I'm probably going to have a look at these soon and hope to give some input...

> Indeed this weekend I have been working on the new version, which
> is similar to emacsen-common (per-package DB entries etc.).
> I still have to test the scripts a little, so expect them to be online
> in the next 2-3 days.
>
> > Why not take the emacsen-common method and code and use this for
> > python?  It probably won't work for C-extension modules, but it could
> > make life easier for pure Python ones.

Just a thought; since we already have a database of packages in the form of
the dpkg database, is it possible to do something simple using it instead of
introducing some other database? As an example, can a python package call
"dpkg-reconfigure" for all installed packages that depend on "python" in
its postinst script?

ABO: finger abo@minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key