Re: policy 2.3 para 2

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 07:41:31PM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> I have a suggestion, which may already have been thought of.

For Python Policy 2.2.3, see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2002/debian-python-200201/msg00019.html
I am working on this. I have the previous version online at
http://people.debian.org/~calvin/purepython/
which uses debhelper scripts.

Indeed this weekend I have been working on the new version, which
is similar to emacsen-common (per-package DB entries etc.).
I still have to test the scripts a little, so expect them to be online
in the next 2-3 days.

> Why not take the emacsen-common method and code and use this for
> python?  It probably won't work for C-extension modules, but it could
> make life easier for pure Python ones.
I have looked into emacsen-common scripts, but I dont like programming in
Perl, its a pain for me.
Anyway it would be an offense if a Python-related package was written
in Perl :)

Greetings, Bastian