Re: python policy is unclear on whether python programs should be arch all or arch any

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 10:53:53AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> During discussion in debian-devel, it was pointed out that
> byte-compiled python code is cross-platform, and thus it should be
> architecture: any.

I think you mean arch: all. Any means a rebuild for each architecture.

More interestingly the python policy should mention how to handle
byte-compiled code. My packages are building them on installation
and I think this is the way how it should be. I am not sure if the
same .pyc file runs on all systems...

Greetings

	Torsten