Re: Problems with new policy

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 03:18:08AM -0600, Colin Watson wrote:
> > or
> >
> > 	libsip.so.2.python2.1.x.y... ugly! it is even possible?
>
> That sounds best to me in the absence of any better coordination from
> upstream, or being able to use a single libsip. I agree that it's ugly,
> though.
>
> Do libsip upstream set any sonames? Is it important that binaries linked
> against it on Debian can be run on other distributions?

The actual library is:

  libsip.so.6.0.0

(Taken directly from the upstream compile). By now, it's installed at
/usr/lib. When 2.* were not GPL compatible, I only packaged sip/libsip
for Python 1.5. Now we have multiple version of Python, and I want to
package it for all that versions. I'd better ask to the sip development
list if someone has done something for having two python versions working
at a time with it. In the meantime, I'll package the various versions with
a Provides: libsip and Conflicts: libsip (all other options seem too
ugly).

Thanks for all the help :-)