RE: Python(x) + Qt(y) + PyQt/sip(2.3)

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> > Has anyone compiled PyQt-2.3, what versions of Python and Qt did you
> > get it to work with?
>
> I played with -2.2.  Someone just needs to make debian packages of these.  I
> keep meaning to do so, but until pyKDE is updated to kde 1.2 level, I have no
> direct interest.

The previous version I mentioned was pyqt/sip-2.1 (iirc)...
sip Debainized ok (then I deleted the wrong tarball, grrr)
PyQt needed some work with makefile.in(?), the .py's where not getting
redirected to the temp dir during the install (they went to the fs
instead).

I was going to stop there, but... sip just finished building:
py-1.5.2, qt-2.2.3, sip-2.3,
using "./configure && make && sudo make install".
It looks ok sitting in /usr/local; on the surface it looks like
--prefix=/usr and building a /usr/share/doc dir will do most of the
Debianization, I'll leave the 'do the internals conform to policy'
questions to the developers.

- Bruce