Python(x) + Qt(y) + PyQt/sip(2.3)

Hi,

I've just had an unsuccesful battle with x=ActivePython-2.0 and
y=Qt-2.2.3, the PyQt author figures ActivePython is the problem... so,
not only do they have really ugly .debs for potato (I appreciate that
they have provided them, too bad they are so badly done), they don't
seem to work with the latest PyQt. :/

Has anyone compiled PyQt-2.3, what versions of Python and Qt did you
get it to work with?

Is there a Debian way, official or unofficial (as it would need to be
for potato), to get PyQt up and running?

anyways... I'm going to give it a fresh try with py-1.5.2(deb) and
qt-2.2.3(deb), but I've done that combination before with a previous
PyQt so it should be rather boring.  :)

- Bruce