Re: zope, zope-popyda, psycopg and python1.5-{,egenix-}mxdatetime

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 21:24, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Joel Rosdahl <joel@debian.org> writes:
>

> > Sounds like you guys could use a python1.5 version of mxdatetime,
> > then...

the ones without egenix in the name? too old.

> > I'm willing to maintain such a package, but the best solution is maybe
> > that one of you creates a separate python1.5 mxdatetime package as you
> > like and also maintains it?

i can maintain the egenix stuff if you like (after all i wrote the
original patches to build egenix 2.0.2) but splitting the package is,
imo, a bad thing. it should be maintaned by a signle developer (doesn't
matter who.)

>   It's too bad that we still have to support 1.5, which came out more
>   that 1 year and a half ago.

agreed.

>   They could help us in making efforts for switching to 2.1, so we
>   can avoid such bloat.

agreed again. list all the packages that need to be ported to 2.1 and
lets start working. only after *all* packages get ported we can remove
python1.5 and all dependents packages.

ready to help,
federico

--