Re: zope, zope-popyda, psycopg and python1.5-{,egenix-}mxdatetime

On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 21:29, Jim Penny wrote:
> Thinking about fog's reply:
>
> was there an earlier python-egenix-mxdatetime compiled for 1.5?
>
> I have
> Package: python-egenix-mxdatetime
> Version: 2.0.2-5
> Depends: python (>= 2.1), python (<< 2.2), python2.1-egenix-mxdatetime
>
> which is certainly not going to be compatible (or even findable) by
> a zope1.5 extension.
>
> I wonder if we have gotten lucky because people who needed python-psyco
> (now python1.5-psyco) are pinned by some other dependency so that
> their python-egenix-mxdatetime has not been replaced?

no. it was my fault. my devel machine has a strange combination of
packages satisfying the dpendencies and an old mxdatetime 2.0.2 compiled
by myself in /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages making the
python1.5-psycopg package working. the package now in debian is b0rken.
sic.

> Postscript:  fog, does that mean that you intend to continue to maintain
> python1.5-psycopg for a while?

at least until python1.5 exits from debian.

--
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org