Python2.1 new crashbug (vague report..)

Hi there,

I have strong suspicions something changed with Python2.1 in a recent
upgrade in unstable that destabilized it. The symptoms:

I maintain a package for Zope called ParsedXML (not in Debian). It comes
with an extensive unit test suite to check a DOM interface, the parser,
and so on. Less than two days ago I released a version of ParsedXML, and
I'm certain it got through the unit tests (though some failed).

Now, with a new Python 2.1 binary (presumably), it crashes in the
middle of the unit tests. I can't pinpoint the bug very well as when
I run all parts of the test suite independently it doesn't happen --
this may be some subtle memory corruption issue.

I know it isn't in the unit tests; they haven't changed since then and
when I run them with a handbuilt python 2.1 I don't get the crash bug.

Sorry this bug report is so vague. Of course it's always possible I
somehow corrupted my debian install of Python, though I don't really
see how. Perhaps the maintainers know what they changed recently that
might've caused this problem?

Thanks,

Martijn