what to do about python-kjbuckets

Hi,

I maintain python-kjbuckets, so I'm supposed to update it to conform
to the new policy.

But there is a problem: The current (from 1997) upstream version[1]
doesn't work with Python >= 2.0.  Now, Berthold Hoellmann, Oleg
Broytmann and others have ported[2] kjbuckets to work with newer
Pythons, but it's not as official as one could hope.  For instance,
the version number is still the same as the old upstream version
(2.2).

I'm not sure what to do.  Here's a couple of solutions:

1) Don't include python-kjbuckets in Debian.  (Easy, boring and maybe
   unsatisfactory since at least routeplanner depends on it and gadfly
   recommends it.)
2) Only make a python1.5-kjbuckets package.  (Nah.)
3) Call the new package something else.  (Doesn't really solve the
   problem, since updates to the "port" aren't followed by a version
   number bump.)
4) Use an epoch version, i.e. 1:2.2.  (Ugh.)
5) Use date in version, i.e. 2.2.port.20011104 or similar.  (Best
   solution I can come up with.)

Opinions?

        Regards,
        Joel