Python conflicts

Hello,

I've noticed that python package conflicts with LyX, I've also seen the
discussion on the python policy but couldn't understand the exact
reasons for this action and how to solve it.

I'd appreciate some explanation, it is also a good idea to file bug
reports on all such conflicted packages so that the maintainers will
notice the problem now, as opposed to waiting until they try to upgrade.

I'm not the maintainer of lyx but I'm working closely with Jules Bean to
maintain lyx and I'm one of the upstream authors of lyx.

Thanks in advance,
 Baruch

 p.s. I'm not on the list, I'd appreciate a cc.