Re: Python packages in incoming

Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> Jérôme Marant writes:
> >   What about proposal and policy from Neil and his efforts?
>
> - the proposed packaging scheme doesn't allow smooth upgrades between
>   one python version and a next version. compare python-1.5 to libc5
>   and python-2.1 to libc6. there was a clear upgrade procedure to do
>   the transition. The proposed packaging scheme doesn't allow such an
>   upgrade. From my point of view, this is a showstopper.

  What I dislike is that I have the impression that instead of discussing
  these issues with everyone on the list, you silently prepared the packages
  with Gregor. You came up with your version of packages as if nothing
  happened. Talking to Neil would have avoided that he works on this
  for nothing. I'm disappointed.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>
              <jerome@marant.org>