Re: Question for the transition

Jim Penny <jpenny@universal-fasteners.com> writes:

> This is not all that simple.  python2.1 conflicts with zope2.3.x
> and python1.5 conflicts with zope2.4.x.  Further, it is often
> the case that there is a fair amount of internal breakage when
> upgrading from one release of zope to another.  It is not unusual
> to have to delete and reinstall third party components of zope
> (Products) to get them to work under new releases.

I have never experienced this problem with the Debian packages, and
submit that if you have, then it's probably a bug with leaving around
.pyc files.  I cannot fathom what difference deleting and reinstalling
.py files could possibly make.

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>    GPG: 0x8A1D9A1F    www.complete.org